This is the basement before... way before. These are pics from Steve's buying of the house. We changed some things along the way but it mostly looked like this until last month. The sliding glass door is gone, three new windows are now in its place. The curtained shelf above the door was taken out a year+ ago and Beave put in an attic storage with a pull down ladder...

2 months ago Beave remodeled our laundry room, he switched out the bifold doors for a pocket door and put in some DEEP shelves for me! During demolition we discovered that at one time this ENTIRE room was the blue of the doors...
The month before that he redid the stairs...

There is now a door where this window and wall heater used to be.

Drum roll please... This is it!! I tried to get the room from every angle, more info and more pictures than most of you will want but I am really excited about it all.

New stairs and laundry room door.

One of my FAVORITE parts about the new room is the toy "room". It has not even been a week but I love it! Johnny's favorite game is "dump 'd out" and he does just that, dumps out all the toys into a big pile! With this set up I am not walking through the "toyses" pile all day long. I still don't love it as we have to clean up all the toys which were never played with other than their brief moment of glory as they were dumped out of their bucket. BUT this makes it so much better.

The toy room even comes with walls for writing on. We got the idea from some friends and Beave had to do it. For the most part the marker has stayed on the walls...
The window we took out to make room for the new door found a home here. I love all the natural light in here now!

And speaking of light, here are the new windows. They are great, we wished they faced the forest though instead of the road...

In case some of you were concerned about the fate of Bucky the Beaver, here is proof that he is doing well. Someone suggested he should find a new home, in the attic or something but don't worry the idea was promptly shot down.

Oh yeah, here is the one thing left to do, before next winter we have to tile behind the fire place. Beave was worn out and I was done with construction so we opted to wait on it.

The new door, I am a big fan of blinds inside the door.

The desk's new home along with coat hooks and shoe bench.

I am really happy about this room being done even though Johnny still calls it the construction... I am extra happy because the rest of the projects for the summer are outside things!!! Oh and "have a baby" moved to the top of the to do list...

5 comments:
I an impressed with your work and awed by the speed of the job was amazing, the results look great. We are happy for you. You have nearly remodeled top to bottom.
Dad
Super nice! I love it and can't wait to see it in person. You guys have done a great job with the house. Is there any room you haven't redone? Oh--wait--I won't ask--no more construction for awhile!!
Wow, that is absolutly amaizing. We can't wait to come see it.
Thanks for the message on the wall.
Love Grandma and Grandpa.
Wow! Fabulous! We need you and Beav to come out here. We have some projects that really need attention around here. New babies definitely push everything else down or completely off the priority list.
Yes, I too love the in-the-door blinds. Genius.
love it! what a great room beav has made for you to share. it's beautiful.
Post a Comment