The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

to fake or not to fake...

Help...
So Flagstaff just got a Real Deals store... for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, it is an awesome home decor store. Great stuff and great prices.
I saw a floral arrangement they did and really liked it. I don't usually like fake flowers but this kind I liked.
Last night they had a "ladies night" and I went with a friend. I went with the intent of getting a floral arrangement for my living room. Apparently I didn't tell Beave my plan...
I found one I really liked and even though it was more expensive than I had planned on, I talked myself into it. Justified, justified... Beave only has himself to blame for that, after 7 years of spoiling me what do you expect?!
I got home with my purchase and had an unexpected reaction, BEAVE HATES FAKE FLOWERS!!!
What? Yeah I knew we weren't really fake flower people but he really really doesn't like them. So the "too much" I spent on something that he might like doubled because it is something he doesn't like...
Now I have to decide if I like them enough to keep them anyway.
So the help part is your opinion. I know everyone has their own taste but a second eye helps.
And by the way, you are only voting on the flowers, if you hate the rest of the room... keep it to yourself... ;)!!























Steve's preference for flowers and plants can be seen in the background, the plant in the corner and fresh flowers on the dining room table.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's pretty. I'm not much of a fake flower person either but for home decor I think it's great. I think they serve their purpose and hey if you decide you don't like them later you can take them out and use that gorgeous vase for some fresh ones. :)

Beaver said...

Bit of the puzzle that Millie conveniently left out is the price, $65.

Millie I have changed my mind. I love them now can I buy that convertible bug that I want.

Bernice Oliver said...

Alicia and I think they're pretty. If you only ever had fresh flowers you couldn't have them every day.

And Beave, if you can find a convertible bug for $65 I bet you can talk Millie into it.

Keith Oliver, Scoutmaster said...

Steve: Do you really think a convertible bug will match that vase?

You can find the bug you need at amazon.com:

Volkswagon Beetle Car Surf Beach Party Kitchen Dip Bowl Cheese Spreader
Cypress
In Stock
Price: $14.99

P.S.
Personally I hate to dust fake flowers, and they will need dusting. I don't even like houseplants because they are dusty.

seamons family said...

Mom votes yeh and Dad said he has to go with Beave. But just think of all the money you save by not haveing to buy real flowers.

Beaver said...

I just realized that I am in the wrong on this one. For the past 7 yrs we have had a stuffed beaver sitting on our television or our coffee table. Neither one of us like taxidermied animals and Millie has put up with it for this long. Plus, we have kind of grown attached to Bucky. I should just learn to embrace the fake flowers.

Beaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.