This is what our kitchen looked like when we bought the house.

This is what it looked like a month later... the first time we painted.


I loved my green kitchen! I love green! Steve has actually banned me from buying any more green shirts... what am I going to wear today, let's see, green, green or... yep green.
So although I still love green, I am over the green walls in my kitchen. I have been wanting to paint for awhile but it is such a pain and Steve was still ok with the paint which meant I would be doing the painting, so I put it off. And now we have a new baby so there was no way it was getting done. UNTIL... Steve found a fabulous deal on a sliding glass door. He had been wanting to put one in the dinning room. So he took out the door and window and put in the slider. He was done with the project and ready to paint with the old color, when I threw him for a loop... new paint please.
Goodbye yellow and green...
It took us awhile to decide on paint, we had to pull in help from outside. THANKS AMY!! I owe Amy BIG TIME not only did she help choose the paint, she also did most of the painting by herself. Every time I picked up a paint brush Maeli would start crying... Steve says I paid Mae to save me from painting... :)
So THANKS to Amy, it turned out so great! I LOVE it!!

But wait something is missing... This is what happens when Steve and I are being impulsive on the same day. Yep, he took out a wall. And since there was already a hole in the ceiling he put in the new lighting he had been planning on doing. I wish we would have taken the wall out 6 years ago! It is so nice! It means we had to get a new counter too, darn. ;) That is still 3 weeks out though, more pics when that is done.
But wait something is missing... This is what happens when Steve and I are being impulsive on the same day. Yep, he took out a wall. And since there was already a hole in the ceiling he put in the new lighting he had been planning on doing. I wish we would have taken the wall out 6 years ago! It is so nice! It means we had to get a new counter too, darn. ;) That is still 3 weeks out though, more pics when that is done.


4 comments:
Taking out that wall tripled the size of your kitchen! That's awesome. Come remodel my house too!
You guys are so brave! It looks great! :)
wow. looks great!
WOW! what a difference... love it!
Post a Comment