He is such a cute kid, you also get to see his new hair cut, yes I did it myself and yes it will shortly be followed by a second hair cut to "fix" the first one.

Kyla and I put the decorations up during Johnny's nap on Friday, when he saw them he called the decorations his birthday. When he walks into the dinning room he says "my birthday!" The decorations are still up today, I just love how excited he is about them. Not many more years I can get that kind of reaction from a little crete paper...

Johnny is into cars, trains, and balls. Oh and dinosaurs, trucks, airplanes and dogs. I couldn't decide what kind of party to do for him, he gave me a different answer every time I asked him. He finally decided at the store, he went with "bally balls." I have to say the basketball cake was a lot easier than the princess castle I did for Ky's b-day!! I got a little off on one of my lines and it doesn't look quite right but the black gel frosting was not going anywhere so I let it go. Exactly, I let it go that is why I am explaining myself to you two days later... Anyway, Johnny loved the cake!

I promise I didn't pose this, he was just hanging onto two of his favorites while I did last minute prep for the party and I thought it was super cute!

SQUISH! I love that he still has baby cheeks. He is looking older and more grown up everyday and I am sure when we have a really little one around in a couple months he will seem even older but in a lot of ways he is still my baby boy.

He had the right idea but not enough umph behind his blow to get the candles out, Beave helped him after a few tries. He pulled the candle out, licked off the frosting and wanted to stick it back in for more. When I didn't let him he tried to eat the candle, for some reason the wax didn't get the same response as the frosting... next he went for the cake, while Steve was cutting it Johnny leaned over and licked the side. I think we got that piece on his plate...

Johnny opened a train present first and was not interested in anything else, he just wanted to play with his new train. We talked him into opening another present and he tried to give it back, "here, here." Kyla finally convinced him that he could open ALL the presents and play with ALL the new toys... She really is a great big sister!

2 comments:
What a cute little guy. Can you believe he is two already? I am glad he had such a fun Birthday.
happy birthday john!
Post a Comment