The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, June 14, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

So who knew... the flu induces labor...
The punch line is that our beautiful baby boy, Leo Oliver Seamons, was born 3 weeks early on June 10th. Weighing in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20.5 inches long.
The long story is that we had the flu at our house, Ky Sunday night then Johnny and I Tuesday night, why do kids always get sick in the middle of the night?! It was a fast working bug, 12 hours of the sickies and then back to normal. Except for those who are 37 weeks pregnant and really dehydrated after 12 hours of fluids going out and none going in... Contractions started around 3 pm, after a half hour of telling myself it wasn't real then another half hour of trying to track down someone to tell me they weren't real I gave in and called my dr., you know what he said... "hospital." The good thing is that Steve had stayed home from work to take care of us so when the word came down he was already there packing bags and calling neighbors to watch the kids. We did have a plan of who to take them to but they are in Colorado this week, didn't think 3 weeks before my due date there would be a problem with that... We got the kids to friends and us to the hospital by 4:30. I was in a bed and hooked to monitors and an IV faster than my flu induced stupor could keep up with. The IV is usually the WORST part of labor for me, crazy I know, but the threat of an IV could be the best birth control for me. But this one was in so fast, I could have kissed the nurse! My dr came to check things out and decided that this was the real thing, baby was coming one way or another. He was concerned I may have to have a C-section because the stress the baby was under. Thankfully the IV fluids did the trick and 5 hours later we had our healthy baby Leo. He came even faster than Johnny. We were all super surprised but very very thankful!
We are home now being taken care of by Steve's parents and are doing great! Kyla and Johnny love the new baby! When we got home Ky ran to the car to greet us and asked, "where's the baby?!" first thing, forget that I hadn't seen her in two days, (also thanks to the flu, no kids allowed in the maternity wing...). At least Johnny had an excited "Mommy!!" and a hug for me before Leo stole his attention. :) When Johnny had his turn to hold Leo he said, "I love baby Leo." It was so cute!! Now he is always checking to see if he is awake, he really wants to play with him, and whenever Leo makes any noise Johnny wants to know what and why. Kyla is being an awesome big sis, she loves to hold him and wants to help take care of him.
I have about a million pictures of Leo, next post I will put some up. He really is a cutie, but then I am biased...

9 comments:

Katie said...

CONGRATS! Enjoy the ride 3 kids seems to bring. :)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

congratulations!! so happy for your family.

Okey's said...

Wow!!! Congrats, I didn't even know you were pregnant. i am so happy the baby was healthy to come home with an early delivery. I can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you are feeling well!

Mandi said...

I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see pictures! Sorry you had the flu...but at least something really great came from it.

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's a fun story to tell years from now. :) I wouldn't know the flu would be a form of inducing you. I'm glad everything went well. Can't wait to see pics.

Paul and Mari said...

Congratulations! Sorry we skipped town on you :(. We can't wait to come see him!

Melanie said...

Oh I have been waiting for this post and can't wait for one with pictures! Tommy was three weeks early too. That seems to be the thing for all the babies born this spring, crazy!
Congratulations to your sweet family!

Tara said...

Yay! I'm glad your well. Congratos! I'm going to call you soon... I love that you had your baby and your ticker still has 15 days to go heehee..cant wait for the pics!

Kim said...

Congrats we are out of town and I just saw your post. How exciting, I am glad everything went well despite him coming early. I can't wait to see some pictures.