The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, January 9, 2009

2 Awesome Things

#1 Steve has been trying to convince me for years to get some new hiking shoes, I just wear my running shoes for everything. Well now my running shoes (note: they are no longer used for running, I walk my hilly neighborhood!) are a few years past their prime, and Beave talked me into some new shoes. I got them online and when they came they were a little small. I went to the local outdoorsy store, found the same shoe in a 1/2 size bigger and they swapped me straight across!! How great is that?!
#2 I haven't scrap booked a single picture in 2 years, something about a baby and now two busy toddlers. Anyway, I made a goal to get Johnny's book done at least up to where Ky's is, 18 months. I sat down yesterday, my only day at home this week, and cranked out 10 pages. Ky and Johnny played and entertained each other all day, the house looks like it was two kids and no mom all day but, I am that much closer to my goal!!
Some would say this is just normal everyday stuff but to me they are major accomplishments. Yeah for the little things!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job scrapbooking. I am doing digital scrapbooking now and I have only done about 5 pages so far of Zoey's book. It takes a lot of work to scrapbook.

Kim said...

Congrats on the new shoes and the scrapbooking. I haven't scrap booked one page for Landon, I am just hoping to Blurb my blog at some point in time and call it good. Even mom's need a day where all they do is "play".

Lizzy said...

Way to go!!
So that super cute book you gave be for Belle? Ashamed to say...empty. I want to do it but every time I try everything ends up looking so juvenile, just like the pages I did when I was 15. It's just not one of my talents. I haven't decided what to do about it yet. Maybe...hire someone? What would you charge per page?