The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SPRING BREAK

We don't technically have spring break at our house but our friends do so we go on our annual camping trip during their spring break. This year we went to Snow Canyon, near St. George, it was farther away than we usually go but lots of fun and sun! It was a little nostalgic for me, I grew up vacationing in red rock. I loved the moment this pic captured, even from behind...



The colors of this picture are amazing, blue sky, red rock and the green... perfect!



We had a few mini lessons about erosion, again some nostalgia, my mom used to give us geography, history, and horticulture lectures as we went.



A little deceptive... this is the same arch from the above pic...



No camp out is complete without S'MORES!!



Kyla loves the BIG marshmallows, and prefers them "not marshed" meaning not roasted.



We spent some time playing in the sand dunes. Steve here being a big kid... needless to say we were all covered!!!



Swimming in the sand.



Johnny loved the sand too, I loved that I finally found a hat that he will wear. Hats usually last 30 seconds but he loves "Lightning a Queen" so he will keep this one on!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like a lot fun reminds me of some outings Jeff and I took with his family when we were first married. I like the depth of field in the arch picture way to use some blur.