The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Room with a VIEW

Steve has been wanting to do this project for awhile and I have been putting him off because it was too cold to have a hole that big in our house... When we decided to stay home Easter weekend I knew I couldn't keep him from doing some project, three whole days at home and he gets anxious. This is the project he choose! I was gone a couple hours Friday morning and came home to a hole the size of a sliding glass door. Not too bad considering what was coming. He worked all day Friday and boarded up the hole that night, we woke up to snow on Saturday so the boards stayed up until noon on Monday. He took a half day and had some friends come over to help. And this is what the house looked like Monday afternoon. YEAH!



Johnny loved the construction, he played outside on the "gate board" all day Friday!



Johnny was a great helper, he wanted to do everything Steve was doing. I had to keep telling him to spit out the nails... what?! dad puts them in his mouth...



And this is what the house looked like Tuesday morning. It has been a week and a half and you can imagine, or maybe not, the changes that have taken place since then. I will share some more pictures when I find the camera and computer at the same time. We are living in a bit of chaos right now. It will be so nice when it is all done, just have to keep telling myself that... :)!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm confused what was the room before? I am so impressed with how many projects you guys get done. How nice to have a handy man. Jeff is handy, but he seems to never have the time.

Unknown said...

THat's awesome. Tell Steve my house has work when he runs out. :) Looks good!

Lizzy said...

Love it!!