
So when Steve was in Scotland this summer U2 was playing there, when he told me about it, I said something like, "You should go!! U2 is one of the only bands I would pay money to see..." He couldn't get his schedule to accommodate going but that is all it took, the concert green light was on! Steve LOVES music and used to go to a lot of concerts, "shows", before we had kids and moved to Flagstaff. So guess what I got for my birthday?! U2 concert tickets! They came to Phoenix yesterday and Steve and I were there. I was a little hesitant (Steve says a lot hesitant!) to leave my kids, especially little Leo for so long but Leo takes a bottle so thanks to an amazing friend who took my three kids even though her husband was out of town... we got to go.
U2 did not disappoint! It was a great show! AND we didn't know until 2 minutes before but Black Eyed Peas opened for them, not quiet U2 but still a fun show.
Things I love about U2:
Larry Mullen Jr. the somewhat shy drummer.
The lack of profanity, not one naughty word the whole show!
Bono, I think it takes a special talent to command an audience of 90,000 for 2 hours!! A little too over the top at times, but that makes him Bono.
I can sing along to 99% of their songs, and they have a lot!! 30 years is a long time to be making music.
The Edge, who doesn't love the beanie wearing lead guitar!
The band's appeal to ALL ages... Steve and I were a little surprised to see so many kids, little kids at the show, I think Steve was calculating how soon he can take our kids...! And then there was the grandma and grandpa, not like old worn out rocker looking people, a cookie baking grandma type. Steve leaned over and asked, "can that be us?!"
Not to leave Adam Clayton out, every band needs a good base guitar I guess.
Thanks Beave for a GREAT b-day present. And thanks Mari for making it possible, by the way Kyla and John both told on themselves this morning... "I kept and kept and kept getting out of bed... and John followed me...!"

5 comments:
Awesome! So glad you got to go! Gotta love U2
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! That would be the BEST birthday present EVER! I LOVE LOVE LOVE U2 and plan to see them in Ireland one day. (I can't believe Steve missed it in Scotland!) Black Eyed Peas are probably number 2 on my fave list and oh how I miss that fun winter in Phoenix! You are one lucky girl!!!!!
Super fun...and happy birthday!
Totally Jealous. U2 is one of my faves, but you probably remember that. I went when they came to Utah once. Love them.
David so wants to go to the U2 concert when it comes to Denver, I think he just might buy tickets now!
Post a Comment