The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, October 24, 2010

monsters, monkeys and messes

MONSTERS! The silly kind with googlie eyes, not the scary kind. We made monsters for our M week. Ky and John LOVED it! It did require some sewing on my part but somehow I managed... They want to take their monsters everywhere and show everyone how cool they are.




While we were at it I made some too. The sewing machine quit when I was almost done with the third one, it just isn't used to working so hard. It is having a time out under the stairs to cool off.



Another day we made some monkey puppets. I was super impressed with Johnny on this one, he cut the body out all by himself and wanted to help me cut out the other pieces, he usually just asks me to do his cutting. Go Johnny with your scissor skills!
We had some music time one day and sang 5 little monkeys, they sang with their puppets and thought it was fun. I thought it would be a good time to talk about subtraction, "how many are left when one monkey falls off," kind of thing. So after the first verse I asked the question and was all geared up for teaching, then Kyla popped out with "4." She did the whole song, subtracting one each time. I know, not too complicated but still I was impressed.

Not sure why everything has to go on their heads to take a picture... :)



Yes, we have a lot of fun with our projects but man do we make a MESS!


1 comment:

Mandi said...

You are such a great and ambitious mom! I need to learn from you!