The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SCOTLAND

Sir Walter Scott Monument.




Stairs in Walter Monument, claustrophobia!!




Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle



That is a lot of bag pipes! It was awesome!




Beave's awesome parallel parking!




Football, Scotland style.




William Wallace Monument



Stirling Castle



I loved the sign on this boy scout building, "Quarreling is Taboo." I'm getting one.



Stirling Castle


Cemetery at St. Andrews, I loved how it was on the coast.



Jeanne and I at the St. Andrews Castle ruins.




Beach at St. Andrews, birth place of golf.



Awesome tree at a quaint little church along the road.



Inside that quaint little church.



Fish and chips at the "best chip shop in Scotland", Anstruther.



St. Andrews Cathedral ruins, it has actually been ruins for 600+ years...




Glamis Castle, where the Queen Mother grew up.




Aberoath Abbey




Just some cool bridges, one train, one cars.




My FAVORITE castle, Dunotar.



Dunotar




Oreo Cows! Regular and double stuff.




The black sheep.




This guy cracked me up... He is my kind of eater, shortest distance between food and mouth, means more food, faster! :)



Another funny... the "elderly crossing" signs.



Cathedral in Glasgow.



Outside the Cathedral in Glasgow.



The Necropolis, one of Scotland's more famous cemeteries.



Museum in Glasgow. I have an irrational fear of birds OK?!
CRAZY BIRDS!



Glengary Castle, the castle we stayed in one night.



Glengary is on a tay, or maybe it is a firth, no, it is a loch... anyway, body of water... cool pic in the morning fog.



Glengary after the fog lifted.



The ruins of Glengary Castle.




Eileen Donen Castle, made famous by the movie The Highlander, or so they say.



Steve thought this sign was hilarious.



Lighthouse... name unknown... to me... I'll look it up... someday... it is on the Isle of Skye. Gorgeous!



Fountain and Castle back in Edinburgh.



Clock made with living flowers... just cool.



Out of time... Maybe I'll put some more pictures up, or maybe you'll just have to trust me that is was amazing and beautiful!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

AMAZING, what a fun trip. I dream of the day that I get to run away with my husband somewhere without the kids. Unfortunately Target is about as exotic as we get!!!!!

Tara said...

Those were some way cool pics. I am so jealous. I would give anything to stay in a castle! Ok not anything... but the cows, sheep and your captions craked me up!! I also have to comment on the parking.. I would never have pulled that off no matter what part of the world I was in! Go Beav! Loved all the pics. Cool cool cool!!!