The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, February 22, 2010

Grandma LaRue Oliver

November 2005 with Kyla


February 2008 with Johnny



August 2008 with Amelia and John



August 2008 with Liz and Belle


August 2009 with Kyla



August 2009 with Leo


Grandma is in the hospital and will probably rejoin her sweet heart soon. I wish I could be there to hold her hand and give her a love, but we are far away, it is snowing, and Steve has to work. Oh and Leo just woke up from his nap with a fever... So we are making do with pictures, memories, and promises that she is getting loves from us through my mom.

Grandma always has a ready smile, the kind that adds a twinkle to her eyes. She gives the BEST loves! She always makes me feel special and is a great listener. She remembers what everyone is up to, if you want an update on all 33 grand kids she can give you one.

I went to USU in Logan where she lived, it was special to live so close. I went over to visit, do my laundry, and enjoy some yummy food. You know it is going to be a good day when I can get my scrambled eggs to turn out as good as Grandmas. :)

I am glad my kids know Grandma, Kyla calls her "Grandma Oliver with the white hair." Ky and John both spent some time learning to walk by pushing Grandma's walker around.

She is a sweet sweet lady and I love her!

3 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry Amelia, we just lost Jeff's Grandma at Christmas time. It's so hard to see these wonderful people leave our lives.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma! I'm glad you have so many great memories of and with her. My prayers are with you and hope she can stay a little longer.

Teresa said...

Amelia, it was nice to see you on Saturday, even in not so fun circumstances. I love your blog and your cute kids. Our blog is flores-crew dot blogspot dot com. There is a link there to Vanessa's and Nick's.