We were so excited for our trip home from Scotland, two layovers one in Paris, 23 hours, and one in New York, 9 hours! We were less excited when the time came and we just wanted to be HOME with our kiddies, but we made the best of it and had a good time.
Not re Dame
My mom said this was a must see in Paris, it didn't disappoint, it was incredibly beautiful. The great part was that all the information signs were in French and English, so we could read about the building's history, unlike the rest of Paris... Beave and I is just two uncultured Americans who don't speak no French...
But don't we look cute... :)
Eiffel Tower
I was so excited to see the Eiffel tower! Ky has been all about Paris since Fancy Nancy introduced her and I wanted to get some good pics for Ky. Kyla calls the really big metal power poles the Eiffel tower, turns out it isn't much different. ;)
View from the top. I'm not really scared of heights, Beave is, don't tell I said so... it doesn't stop him though. I got a little uneasy as the elevator started up, something about it being glass and outdoors.
Happy Tourists.
Statue if Liberty
Our second LONG layover was in New York... but this wasn't there, it is the one in Paris and it is tiny. We had to walk the extra couple miles to take a picture with it so we could say we were at both in one day.
So when we got to New York we were DONE, done with trains and done walking and done being away from home so we made the most of our 9 hour layover and sat in the airport the whole time. We didn't even make it to the Statue of Liberty... good thing we saw that one in Paris. We did have some great company though!!! Steve's mom and dad are on a mission in New York and they came to the airport, it was so great to see them! I think Ky and John were most jealous of this 6 hours with Grandma and Grandpa Seamons' than anything else on our trip.
Then we were HOME, and so happy to be. I missed my sweet kids so much. At the same time I am so glad we went, I don't know that we will ever get the opportunity again. I am so GRATEFUL to my Mom and Dad who came to stay with my kids, they had such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. My Mom did it alone for a week, and I have to give her props, mommy is a big job! And THANKS to great friends who helped out too!!

1 comment:
how exciting! can't wait to read the rest of the story. love that you spent the day in the airport with steve's parents. as much as i love nyc, there's nothing better than family. i'm sure they loved being with you two as well.
Post a Comment