The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deck the Halls!!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Christmas?! I love everything about the season. I will even store boxes and boxes of decorations, which totally goes against my "clean out and throw out" nature.

Steve calls our tree "the bush"... it is kinda short and fat. I say, PERFECT!











My favorite of favorites in the boxes of decorations are our nativities. I have always loved them, I remembered putting out my parent's nativity each year, carefully unwrapping each peace and arranging it just right.
Kind of by accident I started to accumulate nativities and now, I officially collect them. Steve gets me one each year.
These are a few of my favorites.

This is Steve's Grandma Hansen's, she passed away two years ago right before Christmas, it is a special one in the collection.





Steve and I got this one in Scotland.




My parents brought this one home from Mexico. It is made in a little gourd and closes up, super cool!




I LOVE that they can play with this one AND it has 2 shepards... 99.9% of nativities only have 1 or none at all. Shepards people, it says shepardS.



I hope seeing these will help my kids think more about Christ during Christmas time.

1 comment:

Paul and Mari said...

I think the tree fits perfect! :)