Johnny had a good time with his oatmeal this morning... He likes to do it himself and it has to be his way. This morning he decided he needed a big spoon, not the baby spoon I gave him, bigger spoon bigger mess! So then since he was already in the sink with wet hair and Kyla was still sleeping I decided to cut his hair. Steve has been saying he needed one for awhile but I wasn't ready for my baby's first haircut. I finally broke down and cut it. He played with the water the whole time and didn't even know I was cutting his hair until he noticed the scissors on the counter, then he wanted to play with them and it got tricky. Since scissors are "not a toy" I gave him a break instead and finished the hair cut upstairs which he was fine with since he was playing with the camera... until I wanted to take his picture, then he is crying because I took them camera away... I thought Kyla was strong willed... I think Johnny beats her out. Maybe I have changed. I let more things go if the don't "really" matter. Anyway we made it through and now my handsome little guy has a slick hair do, no hair over the ears and no mullet. :)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Oatmeal and a haircut
Johnny had a good time with his oatmeal this morning... He likes to do it himself and it has to be his way. This morning he decided he needed a big spoon, not the baby spoon I gave him, bigger spoon bigger mess! So then since he was already in the sink with wet hair and Kyla was still sleeping I decided to cut his hair. Steve has been saying he needed one for awhile but I wasn't ready for my baby's first haircut. I finally broke down and cut it. He played with the water the whole time and didn't even know I was cutting his hair until he noticed the scissors on the counter, then he wanted to play with them and it got tricky. Since scissors are "not a toy" I gave him a break instead and finished the hair cut upstairs which he was fine with since he was playing with the camera... until I wanted to take his picture, then he is crying because I took them camera away... I thought Kyla was strong willed... I think Johnny beats her out. Maybe I have changed. I let more things go if the don't "really" matter. Anyway we made it through and now my handsome little guy has a slick hair do, no hair over the ears and no mullet. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are brave. I've been thinking of giving Isabela a trim, but I'm not sure I want to. Not to mention she is so wiggly I am afraid to cut any hair by her eyes.
Good job Amelia I don't think I would dare cut anyone's hair.
Post a Comment