The tRicK is to ENJOY lifE. Don't wiSh away your dAys, wAitiNg for betteR ones aheAd. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, December 15, 2008

tagged

I've been tagged...

So here's the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six (or five... :) ) non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.



1. The moment I started taking birth control, almost 7 years ago now, my hair started to curl. It was a slow painful process starting in the back and moving forward, it took YEARS. I really thought I was going to get curly in the back, straight in the front a sought after style... didn't happen. And now it is all curly, from back to front and top to bottom. I thought I was a phenomenon and should be in a book or something. This summer I found out two disturbing facts. #1 my curly hair will not go back straight when my body no longer thinks it is pregnant 24/7... it will probably continue to get curlier and curlier. And #2 I am not the only one... apparently it is common in Tremonton Utah... So I am embracing my curls and the rest of the body alterations that come free of charge with babies.

2. I am 100% addicted to happy endings; in books, movies, real life... everything! Most especially in books. Movies rarely stay with my very long and real life I expect a little unhappy along the way... This summer after a couple year sabbatical from reading novels I started reading again, I don't know why I thought I didn't have the time... I eased myself back in slow, reading a couple teen books to start. Can I just say, perfect for me, everyone learns the appropriate lesson and everyone ends happy. I did graduate to adult reading but still prefer the books that end with a good old happy ending!

3. Nothing can change my mood faster or more effectively than sleep. I have a “pumpkin hour” after which I may still be awake but I may no longer be the charming princess at the ball... I get grumpy. And with out sufficient sleep the previous night, I am still the unpleasant step sister in the morning. It is a well known fact, I try to overcome the grumpy bug but sometimes all I can do is admit to being grumpy and go to sleep. Yesterday Kyla said she was too tired to be nice to Johnny.... I may have to try harder to kick the grumpy bug.

4. I love tradition! Even when I think the tradition is not that great and something new would probably be more fun, I have this overwhelming urge to stick with tradition.

5. I am getting to be a little OCD. Steve would say that is an understatement... I know most if not all the toys my children have and can have a sleepless night over a missing car. There are nine and if we only clean up eight at bedtime it can drive my crazy. I currently have a nagging “where is it” in the back of my mind over a pink princess cell phone...

And there you go. If you feel like you need a tag today, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

You are so great! Lets discuss the hair issue you have....maybe it is not birth control...but hereditary. You should see mine since having kids. It is super curley in the back, but the sides don't even bend. It is pretty crazy. I thought it was having kids, but maybe it runs in the Oliver genes! Your kids are so CUTE. I wish I could see them. Maybe someday. We will be in AZ for New Years...but down in Mesa.
Have a great Christmas. I love ya! Hopefully I will get to see you again someday soon.